- Unit 20 & 21
- Full Time
MF Manufacturing, a provider of heavy machining & fabrication to the engineering industry, is seeking a Mechanical Buyer to support our company’s production department.
The successful candidate will be working alongside the production team and will be responsible for all site procurement including materials, tooling, and sub-con operations.
As a sub-contract provider to industry our customer base is wide and varied which reflects in the materials, tooling and suppliers required to meet our goals.
- Working from requisitions and engineering drawings you will be responsible for identifying suppliers, creating RFQ’s and procuring and expediting on time, in budget and to quality requirements.
- Maintain approved suppliers and Subcontractors list through liaising and site visits to ensure cost, quality and lead time targets are met.
- Work with Engineering/Production to resolve any issues during the procurement process.
- Raise, control and close off any Supplier quality defects in line with our Quality Management System.
- Report directly to the General Manager on monthly price markers and cost saving initiatives.
- Educated to or working towards a minimum HNC Level in engineering discipline.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to read engineering drawings is essential.
- Previous experience in a procurement role or engineering field would be beneficial.
- Must be familiar with Fabrication, Machining & Material production processes.
- I.T literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
- Be able to work on own initiative.
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence